Lilly doll; Why amigurumi don't have mouths?

Searching  on the internet, I found uncountable doll models, all beautiful,  
but there are some that took my attention, these dolls have not noses and mouths,
 even though they are still cute to me, and I gave a shot on making one from CAROCreated , 
I still I wanted to know the reason of their peculiar features. 
This started with Santoro Gorjuss and Julia Puppen, 
their dolls don't have any noses and mouths, introducing to some other designers this unique style. 
The main idea here is that 
we can feel the connection with the doll, that seems to reflect our mood, whatever mood we are in, 
for example, 
if we look at the doll’s face when we are sad, the doll would seem to be in empathy with our sadness, 
and provide comfort and companionship.
 Same way if we’re happy, the doll looks back at us with excitement. How can it be  possible?.... 
We see the soulful eyes, or the excited cheeks, and we feel the doll shares our emotion, 
and sort of validates our feelings.... How cool is that!!!!!
These dolls are accepted as playful, and they come to life with imagination.. t
hey also portray in chic little dresses and striped socks, perfectly embody, 
the key values of childhood, love, innocence and a desire to dream 
evoking powerful emotions in the hearts of children and adults alike.
"The creator of the story puts life in the play and expression on the face"
So, what do you think? ? 
I think my Lilly is a cute, sweet and happy girl😊 ...
 Hope you like it!

Pattern: CaroCreated Lilly doll by Carola Herbst
** (information taken from from different sources on the web)

Materials I used for this project:
This doll is made of Gazzal Baby 60% Cotton Yarn - Beige
believe it or not for the dress and accessories I used mandala yarn I separated the colors and made little bobbins, I used this color Lion Brand Mandala Baby Yarn Pixie Hollow, and this one  Lion Brand - cupcake, but you can use the combinations you like.
also brown yarn for the hair Cotton Yarn - Dark Brown  








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elsa & Anna

Dumbo

Nicolás, Amigurumi Christmas Mouse

Translate